By registering on Sappest.com, as a media or expert entity, or a Twitter account holder, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below.
These terms and conditions may occasionally be changed, with immediate notice of any changes being sent to the entity registered with Sappest.com via the email given upon registration with the site.
It is the responsibility of all Sappest.com registered entities to read all change notifications upon receipt, and to refer to these conditions from time to time. Continued use of the site is regarded as an acceptance of any and all of the following terms and conditions.
- Sappest.com is an on-line directory of media entities; entities with particular expertise in a huge range of fields, and twitter account holders, who, by registering on this site, are making themselves available to be contracted, consulted, interviewed and/or contacted by other registered entities also registered on the site, anywhere in the world. Sappest.com allows a registered entity to upload a Curriculum Vitae and/or a professional profile to the Sappest.com database. Any registered entity may remove their CV/profile from the Sappest.com database at any time. But registered entities must note that other registered entities may have retained a copy of that CV and any other details from Sappest-published profiles in their own files or databases. Sappest.com is not responsible for the retention, or subsequent usage, of registered user CVs or profile information in these instances.
- The sole purpose of Sappest.com is to be a passive conduit to put media and expert entities, and Twitter account holders, in contact with each other, to facilitate fast and easy communication between all parties worldwide, and to allow all registered users to identify the location of other registered users on the Sappest.com map, or via the Sappest.com database, for professional purposes.
- By the act of downloading and activating the Sappest Locator App, on any device, Sappest-registered users acknowledge and accept that all Sappest- registered entities are able to see the location of other Sappest-registered entities who have their Sappest app activated (excluding the users of corporate media entities which may only be seen by their respective companies), depending on the filters applied to each account. (see full description of Sappest filters).
- Sappest.com takes no responsibility whatsoever for the consequences of any abuse of this locator facility by any other Sappest-registered entity. However, any abuse of this locator facility should be reported to Sappest.com immediately. Sappest.com will then take all steps possible to eliminate or minimise the abuse of the Sappest locator app facility, including, but not limited to, the permanent de-listing of any registered user or users deemed to be abusing the facility.
- Sappest.com registered users are at liberty to start and stop their locator app at any time to withhold information on their location. There is no obligation for Sappest-registered users to download, activate, or use the Sappest locator app. Sappest.com advises Sappest-registered users NOT to activate the Sappest locator App in any location where they are at risk of being kidnapped or harmed in any way. (See Sappest safety advisory).
- Sappest.com takes no responsibility for the safety of any registered user whose location is identified as a result of the Sappest locator app being activated in any device owned or used by a Sappest-registered user.
- While it is the personal choice of all Sappest-registered users to decide how they wish to present themselves or their organisation on their Sappest profile, Sappest.com retains the right to exercise editorial control over photos, text and video pertaining to each registered Sappest user, to maintain the integrity, and decency, and professional appearance of the website. Sappest.com advises its registered users not to post full face pictures of themselves, or use their full name, or link to their CV or social media sites showing their full face and/or full name, if they are working in, or intend to work in, countries which pose a risk to journalists or experts or twitterers for kidnap or harm. It is the responsibility of Sappest-registered users, and not Sappest.com, to protect their personal privacy.
- Each Sappest.com registered user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all log-in information. Each Sappest.com user will be responsible for all uses of their registration, whether or not authorised by them. Any Sappest.com user who believes their personal information has been compromised must contact Sappest.com immediately. Any corporate media organisation, which wishes to prevent a former employee from having continued access to the respective media organisation's profile, must inform Sappest.com immediately of their departure so their access can be denied. Sappest.com cannot be held responsible for any consequences of unauthorised use of a Sappest.com group media account if formal notification of the departure of a group user has not been acknowledged by sappest.com.
- It is up to each entity registered on Sappest.com to decide if they wish to answer any communications sent to them by other registered users of the site. There is no obligation on any person registered at Sappest.com to communicate with any other person registered at Sappest.com. It is not the responsibility of Sappest.com to enter into any communication on behalf of a Sappest-registered user except where a formal complaint of abuse of the website has been made.
- While every effort will be made to check the authenticity of the entities registered on Sappest.com, especially the media organisations, certain elements of the information contained herein, by necessity, have been provided by the entity registering with Sappest.com. It is therefore the responsibility of all registered users to a) ensure the expertise and qualifications claimed by other registered users are bona fide, b) ensure that specific information given is accurate, and c) to be aware that on controversial issues some parties may be partisan in their opinions. The management of Sappest.com does not endorse the views or opinions of any entity registered on its site.
- Sappest.com registered users are solely responsible for the accuracy of any material or information entered into the Sappest.com database, or linked to from their Sappest.com profile. Sappest.com registered users agree not to post material that is copyrighted, unless they are the copyright owner, or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it. They also agree not to post links to copyrighted material claiming they are the copyright owner if they are not. Any violation of this term will result in immediate and permanent exclusion from Sappest.com and cancellation of their Sappest.com profile. Sappest users agree not to post material that reveals trade secrets, or is otherwise secret and confidential, without the permission of the relevant owner of that information; post material that infringes on any intellectual property rights or on the privacy of any other party; post material which is obscene, vulgar, defamatory, offensive, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful racist, sexist, or discriminatory to another registered entity or indeed any party; post sexually-explicit images or statements; post advertisements or solicitations of business other than offering a user's services within the expressed purposes of Sappest.com; post material that contains viruses, Trojans, worms, time-bombs, cancelbots, key loggers or any other technological devices known, or hereafter devised, that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information from another person.
- It is the responsibility of Sappest.com to make all reasonable efforts to correct any error of fact or omission brought to its' attention. The management reserves the right to reject, and be the sole judge of, any such material which it considers defamatory; unlawful; unseemly or in any way unnecessary or inappropriate. Sappest.com has the right to exclude any registered user from the Sappest.com site, for any reason, deemed to be a violation of the primary purpose of the website, or these terms and conditions.
- The presence of link(s) on this site to other on-line resources (including an entity's website) does not represent an endorsement of that site or its contents by Sappest.com.
- Sappest.com has no claim on any financial remuneration, fees, contracts or payments demanded or negotiated by parties registered on this site with other site users. It is not responsible for the outcome of any meetings in person between its users. It will never become involved in any disputes between its registered users, except in incidences of claims of abuse of the website and its facility, and does not provide any arbitration or settlement services in the event of any professional dispute between registered users.
- In the event of any dispute between registered users, all registered users of Sappest.com hereby indemnify the management of Sappest.com (and any agents or employees) against any claims or demands for damages of every kind or nature (actual, consequential, direct and indirect), known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in anyway connected with such disputes.
- Sappest.com does not guarantee that any registered user will secure any remuneration as a result of being a registered user of the website, or be able to secure the services of a registered user of the website. Sappest.com is a database resource of profile information, contact information and location information devised for the sole purpose of allowing registered users to promote their services to interested parties who are also registered users of sappest.com.
- The use of Sappest.com, or any information found on this site, for any other commercial or marketing purpose (for any purpose other than that for which the site is intended) is prohibited, and any user found to violating this regulation will be subject to a permanent ban from using sappest.com.
- Any user who believes the site, or information available on the site, is being misused by another party is requested to contact Sappest.com immediately with full details of the alleged infringement, including the member user name.
- Sappest.com reserves the right to extract the profile information visible to other Sappest registered users (including name, photo, allies, favourites etc) and feature any or all of it in online and offline promotional material for Sappest.com including emails, newsletters, push notifications etc.
- When you become a subscriber to Sappest you will receive newsletters, tailored to your industry interest, from the Sappest management team, suggesting Media Freelancers on the scene of breaking news events; Media Freelancers available for future diary events; Expert Guests available to comment on breaking news and diary events; Twitterers commenting on breaking news events, and Media Outlets searching for Media Freelancers and Expert Guests for assignments and comment. These industry newsletters are designed to help Media Outlets identify people who may be useful for their coverage, and to actively promote Media Freelancers and Expert Guests in their field of expertise. If you wish to unsubscribe from the Sappest newsletter service you may do so by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email in which they are sent.
Sappest.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that the information you entrust to us remains private and is used only for the expressed purposes of the Sappest.com web site.
- Information collected on Sappest.com from registered media and expert entities and twitter account holders will only be used for the purposes of providing contact details and profile and location information to other registered users of the site.
- Sappest.com may disclose essential information to companies and individuals employed to perform functions on Sappest.com including data processors, web server hosting companies, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card processing companies etc. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will retain control of, and be responsible for, any other purpose. We will retain control of and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
- Sappest.com will not disclose your name, address, email address or telephone number, or any other information about you, to any other third party, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or legal proceedings where such information is proved to be relevant by a legal entity.
- Sappest.com has the right to contact registered users by email, with details of other products, services and promotions, but only if a registered user has opted to receive such emails.
- Sappest-registered users understand and agree that the information provided on their Sappest profile shall be displayed on the internet, and should only include details which registered users are happy for other internet users to see. (See details of Sappest filters).
- Additional information regarding the use of Sappest.com may be collected for statistical analysis by Sappest.com. Sappest.com may share aggregated - but anonymous - statistical information with clients, partners or other third parties.
- Upon email notification of a cancellation of registration request from any Sappest-registered user, all information held by Sappest.com pertaining to that person will be deleted from the 'live' system as soon as is practically possible. However, it will be stored for re-registration purposes – must verify with the Data Protection Act. Sappest.com assumes no responsibility for the deletion of, or failure to store, your content, including profile details and photographs. Upon a specific request being received by Sappest.com all profile information can be deleted from the system with no and no records will be kept retained.
- Upon email notification of a cancellation of registration request from any Sappest-registered user, all information held by Sappest.com pertaining to that person will be deleted from the 'live' system as soon as is practically possible. Sappest.com assumes no responsibility for the deletion of, or failure to store, your content, including profile details and photographs. Upon a specific request being received by Sappest.com all profile information can be deleted from the system and no records will be retained.
- The contents of the Sappest.com web site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other information or material is the property of Sappest.com or its registered users. Unauthorised use of the material/content may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
- No Sappest-registered or non-registered user may sell or modify the web site content, or reproduce, display, publicly distribute or otherwise use the web site content in any way, whether for personal use or professional gain, without the express permission of Sappest.com.
- The use of the material/content on Sappest.com may not be featured on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose without the express permission of Sappest.com. Sappest users shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that Sappest.com creates to generate its pages. This website is protected by Sappest.com copyright.
- Sappest.com welcomes all comments from its registered users regarding the website and app service. Please see our Forum page where users may post their comments, creative suggestions, feedback, success stories, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions or other information (collectively known as 'submissions'). All submissions received shall become the property of Sappest.com upon receipt. None of the submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence and Sappest.com shall not be liable for any public use or disclosure of any submission. Sappest.com shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the submission, and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to Sappest users or any other person who submitted the submission.
Data Protection Policy
Sappest.com does not guarantee that the web site will operate error-free or that the web site and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If use of the web site or the locator app or other material by the user, results in the need for servicing or replacing of equipment or data, Sappest.com will not be held responsible for these costs. The web site and locator app and material are provided on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind. Sappest.com, to the most comprehensive extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. Sappest.com makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, comprehensiveness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics and links.
GENERAL LEGAL JURISDICTION
This site is run and maintained by Sailfish Company Limited on behalf of Sappest.com (Company Registration No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx), which is registered in Thailand at 404/20 Himathong Road, Maret, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84310. Tel: +66 811 045963.